City & Guilds Confined Space Medium Risk Refresher: 6160 - 02Download PDF
This medium risk confined space training course is designed for anyone who works or wants to work in confined spaces. This course is taught at our training centre's in Swansea & Cardiff in simulated confined space environments – such as an indoor tunnel and covers; safe entry, emergency procedures and escapes using breathing apparatus.
this course will provide delegates with basic skills and knowledge to safely enter a confined space, to recognise different atmospheric changes, understand risk assessment and safe systems of work. You will be trained in the use of gas monitors and escape sets and the use of the equipment relevant to working in a confined area.
You must hold an in date confined space medium risk certificate in order to sit this resit
- Health and safety overview
- Confined space regulations and legislation
- Specified risks
- Safe systems of work including risk assessments
- Dangerous atmospheres and environmental monitoring
- Gas detection equipment
- Safety, access and escape equipment – including davit, tripod, man-riding winches, retrieval devices and escape breathing apparatus
- Harness (EN1497) user inspection and fitting
- Conduct vertical access
- Vacating a hazardous environment
- Written assessment
Refresh your understanding of the current regulations of safety and the assessment of risk when working within confined space, keeping individuals and those around them safe and achieving a confined space qualification.
Level 2 Award, Learning Hours 8 (1 Day)
Written theory test and a practical assessment