Telescopic Handler (Telehandler)
This course is designed to cover the RTITB curriculum for the safe use of Telescopic Handlers (Telehandlers).
With competency cards being requested more frequently than ever, it is essential that any operatives are able to provide these as evidence that they are trained to use equipment safely. RTITB is an accredited scheme that will allow just this.
This course typically takes 5 days to complete. This is based on a maximum of 3 candidates completing the course with no prior experience in operating the equipment. This may be reduced for students with operational experience or a reduced number of students per course.
For those requiring an NPORS Telehandler Licence, Alpha Safety are also accredited and fully equipped to deliver the course under this Awarding Organisation.
Day rates for training available from £300
- Health & Safety Legislation and Guidance (includes Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations "PUWER" & Lifting Operations Lifting Equipment Regulations "LOLER" 1998)
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Manufacturer's Handbooks
- Major Components and Functions
- Steering, Driving & Braking
- Pre-Operational Checks
- Mounting and Dismounting Safely
- Configuring for Travel
- Safe Manoeuvring: Laden & Unladen Open & Confined Areas
- Conducting on Site Safety Checks
- Lifting and Load Handling Tasks
- Fitting, Adjusting & Removing Attachments
- Machine Transportation Procedures
- Shift End & Shut Down Procedures
As an employer it is highly recommended that operators are trained via accredited programmes. Dependent on your industry, client or principal contractor requirements this may be NPORS or RTITB. This to ensure that you have taken adequate measures to evidence the competencies of employees and protect those working at height.
From an individual's point of view this is a great ticket to hold. Telehandlers are used throughout a variety of industries, most notably construction , although there is increasing demand for their use through out the engineering and manufacturing industries. Being able to evidence competency in using them safely is a great way to open further career opportunities.
Practical Assessments, Multiple Choice and Short-Answer Examinations.