Safe Use of Abrasive Wheels
Available through NPORS or certified by Alpha Safety, this course can be delivered as a basic awareness, classroom based course for those operating abrasive wheels equipment in the workplace or a more comprehensive theory and practical training session to demonstrate safe usage.
This course is scheduled for groups only. Please contact us for prices and availability.
When completing this course with NPORS Certification this is an additional fee of £35 plus Vat, covering the NPORS Card and Certification.
- Hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels
- Determining the essential requirements for the selection, and ordering, of grinding wheels
- Regulations governing the supply and use of abrasive wheels
- Codes of practice for the safe use of abrasive wheels
- Correct PPE and usage of PPE
- Dismounting, Changing and Mounting of Abrasive Wheels
- Safe Techniques for Cutting & Grinding
- Practical Teaching
This course is essential for all operatives of abrasive wheels. Under Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) 1998, all operatives must be adequately trained to use such equipment.
Continuous Assessment and Practical assessment (where practicals are scheduled)
All Certificates are valid for 3 years
As detailed by PUWER Regulations (1998); adequate refresher training should be scheduled for operatives (typically every 3 years) or with any changes to processes or equipment.