Protection of Vulnerable Adults Level 2
Alpha | Swansea | 01792 585868
This course has been designed as in introduction to the procedures involved with the Protection of vulnerable adults. Students on the course will learn what the term abuse means and discover what they should do if they are a witness to it.
• What makes an individual vulnerable
• Categories of abuse and describe their indicators
• Current legislation relating to POVA
• Whistle blowing and how to do this Internally and Externally
• Individual responsibilities when dealing with abuse
• Creating a safe working environment
The protection, or safeguarding, of vulnerable adults should be at the forefront of any social care worker’s mind. Adult abuse has become all too common in modern society, for this reason, POVA training is a high priority for managers and external regulators.