Manual Handling | Childcare
Daily childcare has become an extremely popular and lucrative business. However, the responsibilities when dealing with young children can put a strain on the carers, especially as most of their work requires a physical element. This course is designed with such stresses in mind and will help to keep your child carers safe and happy in their daily duties.
• General Manual Handling Legislation, Policies & Procedures
• Ergonomics, Spinal Function & Risk Assessments
• Safer Handling & Team Handling
• Effective Communication
• Safe Moving of Inanimate Objects
• Correct Child Handling Procedures
• Specific Legislation & Guidance Relating to Handling Children
• Handling Needs for Higher Numbers of Children & Conflicting Demands
• Common issues related to the Manual Handling of Children & Young People
• Environmental issues such as indoor and outdoor play
• Infection control
• Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans.
Any individual working in the Childcare sector must hold a qualification in this subject.
20 Question Multiple Choice Exam