IPAF | Safe Harness Use & Inspection
IPAF is renowned as the standard when it comes to powered access. This course aims to provide the knowledge and skills required to select and inspect harnesses for safe use with powered access equipment.
This qualification should be considered is essential for all MEWP operators and will likely be mandatory where IPAF permit cards are required.
Upon completion of the course students will:
- Understand the relevant Health and Safety Regulations, Guidance and Standards associated with the use of Powered Access Equipment
- Be able to identify and select the correct form of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) against falls from height
- Understand factors in selecting a harness for safe use with a MEWP
- Understand how to check, use, maintain and store a harness and lanyard
- Be able to fit and adjust a harness and lanyard
- Be able to conduct the periodic inspection of harnesses
Practical and Theory Assessments