Internal Health & Safety Auditing (OHSAS 18001)
Internal auditing is a mandatory requirement of all formal Management systems, including OHSAS18001 (Health & Safety Management)
An internal audit will assess compliance of the organisation against the relevant standard and their own internal operating procedures.
Additionally, all management system standards have continual improvement as a key requirement and a well conducted internal audit will identify improvement opportunities and develop better working practices and business improvement.
This course develops essential skills for internal auditors to assess, report and assist with improvement of OHSAS 18001 Management System standards.
This course will provide students the knowledge and skills necessary to conduct internal audits within your organisation. Whether it's providing the skills to ask the right questions to get the most out of audits, or understanding the intricacies of Health & Safety Management and the structure and requirements of OHSAS 18001, this course will provide unique opportunities toward continuous improvements and improve the Health & Safety Performance of your organisation.
- Guidelines of management system auditing based on ISO 19011:2011
- Understanding the process approach
- Understanding the requirements of OHSAS 18001
- Developing the requirements of OHSAS 18001 onto a documented management system
- Key Differences between OHSAS 18001 and the proposed new International Standard (ISO45001)
- Recap of day 1
- Preparing for an internal audit
- Conducting an internal audit, including questioning techniques and recording of objective evidence
- Providing audit feedback and corrective action reports
- Identifying opportunities for business improvement
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to conduct internal audits in line with OHSAS management system standard expectations, provide factual reports based on objective evidence and assist with identifying both management system and business improvements.
Continual assessment and review of practice audit conducted as part of the training.
Lifelong (Review in Line with Management Standard Updates & Changes)