Internal Environmental Auditing (ISO14001:2015)
Internal auditing is a mandatory requirement of all formal ISO Management systems, including 14001 (Environmental Management)
An internal audit will assess compliance of the organisation against the relevant standard and their own internal operating procedures.
Additionally, all management system standards have continual improvement as a key requirement and a well conducted internal audit will identify improvement opportunities and develop better working practices and business improvement.
This course develops essential skills for internal auditors to assess, report and assist with improvement of ISO 14001:2015 management system standards.
This course will provide students the knowledge and skills necessary to conduct internal audits within your organisation. Whether it's providing the skills to ask the right questions to get the most out of audits, or understanding the intricacies of ISO 14001:2015 and it's structure, this course will provide unique opportunities to continuous improvements over your organisation's Environmental Management.
- Guidelines of management system auditing based on ISO 19011:2011
- Understanding the process approach
- Understanding the requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Developing the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 onto a documented management system
- Understanding how the common high-level structure (Annex SL) can be applied to different management system standards
- Recap of day 1
- Preparing for an internal audit
- Conducting an internal audit, including questioning techniques and recording of objective evidence
- Providing audit feedback and corrective action reports
- Identifying opportunities for business improvement
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to conduct internal audits in line with ISO management system standard expectations, provide factual reports based on objective evidence and assist with identifying both management system and business improvements
Delegates that successfully complete the full course and wish to become trained in other management system standards that use the common high-level structure (such as ISO 9001:2015, AS9100d and ISO 45001 when released) can apply to Alpha Safety for exemption of day 2 of the subsequent course.
Continual assessment and review of practice audit conducted as part of the training.
Lifelong (Review in Line with ISO Updates)