HABC Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Spectator Safety (QCF)
This qualification is aimed at anyone working, or wishing to work, as a safety steward at live spectator events, including a variety of sporting or musical events. The qualification provides an assessment of knowledge and competence across all of the areas necessary to safely and effectively carry out duties associated with the role.
The qualification also provides a mandatory component of the Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Spectator Safety and meets the requirements laid out in the Football Licensing Authority’s Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds (known as the Green Guide), along with other related safety guides such as The Event Safety Guide (known as the Purple Guide).
Please note: The qualification can take up to 12 months to achieve.
- Preparing for spectator events
- Controlling the entry, exit and movement of people at spectator events • monitoring spectators and dealing with crowd problems
- Supporting the work of the team and organisation
- Helping to manage conflict
- Dealing with accidents and emergencies
Once complete, learners can utilise this qualification to work as a qualified and competent live event steward.
Portfolio Based. Evidence must be gathered via assignments, observations, employer statements and professional discussions to identify that assessment criteria has been met.